What’s trending on the Internet right now? We curate today’s social trends, so you don’t miss what everyone is talking about.
1. Twitter: What people are tweeting about…
- #JobsReport: The US economy added 223,000 new jobs today. Analysts are saying meh, that’s good but not great. [The New York Times]
- #MakeANewLaw: Tweeters are voicing suggestions on new laws they’d like to see passed, which range from surprisingly practical to obviously strange.
If someone rejects your Candy Crush invite & you send them another one, you are banned from the Internet #MakeANewLaw
— TrivWorks (@TrivWorks) July 2, 2015
2. Facebook: What people are sharing…
- Ocracoke, North Carolina: In the 7th Outer Banks shark attack this summer, a 68-year-old man was bit in waist-deep water.
From our archives: People kill way more sharks than sharks kill people.
- Same-sex marriage: Appeals court moves to lift bans in Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana; the Episcopal church votes to allow clergy to perform same-sex marriages [The Gaily Grind, The Washington Post]
3. Reddit: What’s on the front page…
- Implantable “artificial pancreas” could help diabetes patients control their blood sugar. [Science Daily]
- This sneaky mom is a fox. No, really. [Imgur]
5. Youtube: What people are watching…
- Stephen Colbert interviewing Eminem on a local news channel in Monroe, Michigan. Because, why not?