Learn how to use Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and other currencies in our dead simple step-by-step guide.
This guide will teach you how to use Moolah, a free online wallet service for several virtual currencies, including Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin.
The registration page is here; the guide below walks you through it step by step.
Disclaimer: as the Bitcoin Foundation warns, online wallets are the least secure cryptowallets, so it’s not recommended to store large amounts of currency in them.
However, they are by far the easiest method, and they store your coins across all devices.
1. Sign up on Moolah
Moolah supports Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Auroracoin as well as a few others, so this process will be the same for all of them.
Fill out all the required fields, choose ‘Consumer,’ then hit Create Account.
2. Choose a currency
After you’ve clicked Create Account, you should see this screen, which gives you a choice between different currencies.
3. Set up a currency account
Once you’ve selected a currency, create an alias for the account. This is for Moolah only, and it won’t show up when you buy or sell the currency. Choose which coin the account will be for, select whether it will be received only (usually for a donations-only account).
Then choose whether to have a password or not (it’s recommended). The “Security Payload” box will be your password.
4. Get your address
After completing step 3, you should see your wallet’s address, which is a long string of letters and numbers, like in the red box above (you can ignore the big blue button; it’s for creating a second account for that currency).
Congratulations! You’re now ready to receive and spend virtual currency.
Here’s what you can do with your newly-minted address:
- Sign up for “faucets” that give you free coins. The Dogecoin community is particularly well known for its generosity, but there are Bitcoin and Litecoin faucets as wel
- Buy virtual currencies with real money via Moolah’s Prelude exchange
- Trade your currencies in for others on Moolah’s Prelude service (click the currency pairing you want in the panel on the left)
- Buy stuff with your bitcoins! We already wrote a guide to what you can do with Bitcoins here (scroll down to the second half), while Dogecoin has a long list here.